Updated 24th April 2018 to reflect the GDPR
Specific to this web site:
You have nothing to log in to (no shopping cart) so there is no need for cookies. We use Plausible.io for our visitor traffic monitoring which tells us all we need to know without using cookies.
Within our business
The lawful bases for processing data for most of our interactions fall within “Contract”.
We collect names, addresses, payment information, contact information, associated history of products quoted and supplied and other information in order to provide our services. As well as for the time we supply products to you we keep records to enable us to answer future service requests you may have. For example in the past we have been contacted by manufacturers for a product recall and we have then written to customers to inform them of the recall (you would still hear directly if you have registered your appliance with a manufacturer).
Some of our processing comes under “legal obligation” for example in compiling our accounts to report to HMRC
Finally, under “Legitimate Interests” we operate a CCTV system at our showroom in Faversham which operates under “Legitimate Interests”, specifically crime prevention and reporting.
Some things we don’t do
We don’t operate any direct marketing email or postal lists, we don’t buy, sell, share or trade any data.
Photos used on this web site
Copyright: Photos on this website were taken by Roots of work that we’ve carried out. If you would like to use any of them please email email@example.com
Terms and conditions of Sale
S.G. K.P. G.R. & D.J. Root trading as “Roots Kitchens Bedrooms Bathrooms”
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- The Seller is Root’s Kitchens & Bedrooms to whom all payments become due for goods and services provided.
- The purchaser is the individual, firm or limited company from whom an order has been accepted and who becomes responsible for payment for all goods and services provided.
- The specification of the goods and services are only that specified in the acceptance of order. Any changes in the specification will be the subject of an additional order.
- The price is to be paid as specified in the quotation and a part payment is to be made by the purchaser and accepted by the seller on placement of the order.
- The contract is established when the seller accepts the order.
- Any items that are ordered, made or modified to meet the purchaser’s order may not be cancelled.
- In the event of non payment being made by the purchaser at the due date, the seller reserves the right to withhold delivery until payment can be made and has the right to charge 2% per month on any monies due, calculated on a daily basis. The seller also has the right to charge an additional delivery cost all of which the customer agrees to pay.
- The goods shall be at the risk of the purchaser following delivery. Notwithstanding delivery, title in the goods shall not pass to the purchaser until the purchaser has made payment of all sums owing to the seller. Until such time as title in the Goods passes to the Purchaser the seller shall have the right to repossess or otherwise recover the goods.
- The seller shall not be liable for any default due to circumstances beyond reasonable control of the seller including, but not limited to, Acts of God, war, fire, flood, and shortage of supply or failure to deliver of our suppliers.
- All orders and any dispute arising there from shall be governed by English law and subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Nothing in these conditions shall affect the statutory rights of a consumer.
Terms and Conditions of Sale for Roots Kitchens Bedrooms Bathrooms Issue 4, 24/04/06